Sunday, February 14, 2010

The vagaries of presenting in a hotel.....

(thank you Linda Simpson).

For those of you who have attended my Train the Trainer workshop in the past, you know that I often say "something always goes wrong" when you are presenting. Sometimes it's the technology that won't cooperate, sometimes it's the food that doesn't arrive. Well yesterday it was the heat - none of it. The hotel could not, somehow, bring heat to our meeting room (but could pour it into the women's washroom, where we retreated frequently to warm up). Apparently the guy who knows how to turn on the heat was off that day. So I eventually gave up and put on my winter gear to present, hence the photo above. Luckily the participants were very good sports about it.

...and I'm not even in Whitehorse yet! This is southeastern Ontario...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well at least we had coats and mittens, the cold room at least kept us alert.
Jane From VCARS Leeds Grenville